Wednesday, September 2, 2009

'Do not worry' says the LORD

Today, after my devos I read Matthew 6. It read:

"
25Therefore I tell you, do not worry
about your life, what you will eat or
drink; or about your body, what you
will wear. Is not life more
important than food, and the body
more important than clothes?
26Look
at the birds of the air; they do not
sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your Heavenly Father feeds
them. Are you not much more
valuable than they?
27Who of you by
worrying can add a single hour to
his life?28And why do you worry
about clothes? See how the lilies of
the field grow. They do not labor or
spin.29Yet I tell you that not even
Solomon in all his splendor was
dressed like one of these.30If that
is how God clothes the grass of the
field
, which is here today and gone
tomorrow is thrown into the fire,will
he not much more clothe you, O you
of little faith?
31So do not worry saying
'What shall we eat?' or
'What shall we drink?' or
'What shall we wear?'32For the pagans
run after all these thing, and your
Heavenly Father knows that you need
them.33But seek first his Kingdom and
his righteousness, and all these things
will be given to you as well.34Therefore
do not worry about tomorrow, for
tomorrow will worry about itself. Each
day has enough trouble of its own.




There you go guys. I hope you are encouraged.

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Wow, ry, that's really weird, i was just about to post on matthew 7

    Good post though.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Matthew 7!!! I just read it for my devotions a couple days ago. My favorite verse out of those is probably verse 34: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
    Great post.

    Jake

    ReplyDelete